Top 5 Best ways To Transfer Files From Smartphone To PC
When I was in my final year of graduation, working on a project, I always needed to transfer files from my mobile phone to PC or PC to mobile phones. I always have to connect my smartphone to a PC using a USB cable. Sometimes the cable used to lose connection and almost transferred files get canceled. I get irritated. But long gone are the days, when there were only a few ways like using a USB cable to transfer files to a PC or smartphone.
Nowadays there are many options available on the internet. As technology made progress and access to the internet is increasing, people start looking for alternatives to the traditional method of file transferring using cable. You can find plenty of apps, cloud services that you can use to transfer files. But you cant try all of them and hence don’t know which is best and simple to use. For this reason, we have tried all of them, seen how they work, what are issues with them. We will give you a list of the top 5 best apps and cloud services you can easily transfer files. We will also tell you what made us choose these apps over others.
Snapdroid is a free-to-use open-source cross-platform web application that can be used on literally every operating system like iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, etc. The most basic requirement to run Snapdrop is that you need to have peer-to-peer connections like wifi or LAN network. You can even create a wifi hotspot on either PC or Phone and connect other devices to it for sharing files. You still need to have an active internet connection to use the snapdrop.
How to Setup Snapdrop?
It’s very easy to set up the snapdrop to share files. You can connect any of the two devices like android and windows, android and iOS, or windows and iOS, and even you can link any of these with Linux devices too. We are providing you steps below for the same.
- First of all, get both of the devices on the same peer-to-peer network. You can do this by connecting to existing wifi or create a hotspot and connect with it.
- Access the Snapdrop page on both devices. Here is the link for the snapdrop page. Also, there is an app for android devices. You can get it from here.
- Snapdrop will assign different names to your devices. You will see blue color icons on the snapdrop page as shown in the picture above.
- Touch or click on the icon to which you want to transfer the files.
- Now, you will need to browse the file that you want to transfer.
- Within a fraction of time, your file will be transferred to other devices.
Is it safe to use Snapdrop?
As earlier said, snapdrop is open-source software that works on a wifi connection. If there are more than two snapdrop users on the same network then what’ll happen? This question might come to your mind. But you don’t have to worry about it. the developers have said that the files you transfer stay between two devices that you select, and won’t get transferred to any other ones. Also, there is no need to create an account for using the services of snapdrop. The website doesn’t track your cookies too. So in conclusion, we want to assure you that snapdrop is the Best source to seamlessly transfer files back and forth.
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. It is very easy and simple to use. You will need to create an FTP server to transfer files to your PC from Mobile. There are plenty of apps available on the play store for creating an FTP server. You can use any of the below-given apps. For Redmi devices, there is a Shareme app already installed. Redmi users can use that to create an FTP server. FTP method is fast compared to other methods to Transfer Files From Smartphone To PC.
How to create an FTP server?
- You can use any of the below-given app or file explorer apps that support FTP server connection. We will give you an example using the WiFi FTP server app.
- Install any of one of the FTP server app.
- WiFi FTP Transfer
- FTP Server
- Solid Explorer
- Open WIFI FTP server app
- Tap on START. You can even create a password-protected server connection. For that go to setting, uncheck Anonymous access. Now set user id and password. Your connection is private now.
- Don’t forget to select the root folder to be shared via FTP,
- You have successfully created the FTP server connection.
How to connect PC to FTP server?
After you have created an FTP server, you need to follow the following steps to be able to transfer files.
- Open file explorer. Right-click on the screen and head to Add a network location.
- Click Next twice, and enter server URL from WiFi FTP Server app starting with fttp.
- If you have set a password then uncheck log on anonymously and enter user id and password.
- Type a name for this network connection, like My Mobile. Click on Finish and your network connection is added.
- Now open Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Enter the server URL and hit enter. You will see files from the folder you selected earlier.
The FTP method is a little tricky at the start or for new users, but it’s super fast and simple once you get used to it.
As you all know telegram is a free-to-use cloud-based messaging application. You can use it to save and share files across different platforms. For using telegram, you do need to have an active internet connection. It is best to share small and medium-sized files although you can use it for sharing large files too, it’ll consume more internet data. Telegram offers you unlimited file storage capacity plus it is end-to-end encrypted that means no one can access your data except you. Also, the telegram application is available for Android, iOS, and Windows devices too. Additionally, you can use the web version of the telegram app with any browser like Chrome.
How to use the Telegram app for sharing files across different platforms?
First of all, you need to install and log in to the telegram app on your smartphone and PC. For PC you can use the web version of telegram. You need to follow the following steps for sharing files.
- Go to the files you want to select on your smartphone. Tap on the share option and select telegram as sharing app.
- Now you can either share the file to saved messages contact or create a channel or group.
- Open the telegram web. Refresh it and head to saved messages contact.
- Select the file you first shared and download it.
- You can share files of any size with the telegram cloud free of cost.
Xender is the best alternative to Shareit to Transfer Files From Smartphone To PC. Some countries have blocked access to shareit and hence it,s not available in the play store for the users of these countries. Hence, xender comes as the best and easy-to-use alternative for shareit. It is a cross-platform application that can transfer files across different platforms like iOS and Android.
How to use the xender app for sharing files across different platforms?
You need to download the xender app for your device. You can get it from below.
Install the app and open it. You will see the home screen of the xender app.
Tap on sharing icon and choose to send or receive. Then give all the permissions it asks for. Follow the steps from the xender app for sharing files according to your device type.
For sharing files to your pc, tap on the PC icon shown on the top right corner or tap plus icon beside it and select connect PC. Then follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Go to settings > Network & Internet > Hotspot > Create a hotspot
Step 2: Connect your PC to the WiFI network you just created. (Use your own device name and password)
Step 3: On PC visit the web address below.
Apparently, you can transfer any type of file with xender. Also, you can connect to a PC by scanning the QR code. SO overall xender is a really great app to transfer files.
Zapya works like shareit only. But the difference is that zapya has a very clean user interface compared to shareit’s ad and annoying interface. Zapya works both online and offline. By using zapya you can very easily share files of any size, any format to all platforms. The best thing about zapya is that it offers group sharing options. It means you only need to share once and all of your friends, family members and all type of devices can connect at the same time and you won’t need to share them separately. It will save you lots of time and energy.
You can transfer files from Android phones, iOS devices, or PC without using WiFi or mobile data in offline mode. For sharing files you can create a group and ask others to join it, or use the shake to connect feature, or you can scan a QR code or simply send directly. The only limitation of offline mode is that you need to keep your devices close to each other for faster sharing.
In online file sharing mode, you can share files with anyone with a web browser. Use the Zapya transfer option and share files with anyone from around the world.
Get Zapya from here
You can use any one of the above-given apps to transfer files quickly to your PC from your smartphone.